• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Card with a MIDI port?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KnowlesTech

I want to be a Beta Tester
Need help finding a friend of mine a decent but under 100$ audio card with MIDI input for his *keyboard* synthesizer type, lol. He really digs music and wants to plug his up and record demos and stuff. Anyone have any suggestions for this kind of audio card.

u can try the game theater xp... Its pretty good, i've done some recording with it and it has alotta features. it'll probably suit his needs

Unless I'm missing something, my SBLive value has MIDI in... I've connected a keyboard to it before. You can get one for $25 or so at pricewatch. The sound quality's probably not the best, though, if that makes a difference. Or if your friend already has a better sound card, you can most likely chuck this one in along with the other card and use the better sound card's sound and the worse sound card's MIDI. Actually, for this purpose, any sound card will probably do... including a PCI SB16.

Oh, and you'll need a joystick port->midi adapter.

Joystick to midi adapters are hard to find at Music stores now. ZZsounds is one of my competitors where I work BTW, they where going out of business a while back, I guess that hasn't happened yet. Most people that are using Midi use USB midi or have a specific recording soundcard with Midi ins and outs. (start shameless plug) Where I work, www.samash.com we sell all these different items, if he's looking for something, email me. (end shameless plug)

Back