• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case cooling and cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

russmet

I think I have poor case cooling and I know stock fan is not cutting it. I have Corsair 600T case. I7 960 CPU. This is my first build and I'm looking for ideas for case cooling and a good CPU cooler for overclocking. This will be my first overclocking attemp. MY idle temp is 46C.

I7 960 CPU, cosiar 750 watt. Cosiar SATAIII 60g SSD with windows 7 ultimate 64 BIT AND 1 TERABYTE SATAIII HDD, GTX 580 GPU, ASUS P6X58D-E MOTHERBOARD, cosair 600t case, Cosair dominator 1600 12gig.

Last edited:
The case is fairly well ventilated already, you could upgrade the 120mm fan to something with a bit more flow like the Aerocool Shark 120mm fan (nice balance between speed, flow, and noise). Just get a decent cpu cooler and youll be good to go.

Oh and FYI, the idle temp is not important, you need to know the load temp after say 30minutes of Prime95....

That's not a bad idle temp for an i7 960 on the stock cooler.
Those chips are toasty little buggers.

Get yourself a nice chunky CPU cooler and see how things go.

Thanks for the replies. I will stick with the stock case cooling. I thought it was not that good because my old computer (DELL) sounded like a helicoptor. AS for a cpu cooler, my cash range i want to spend is 100 to 150$. Should i go air cooler or water cooled like a h70. I do want to venture into overclocking after this.

Back