• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cat 10.12's out - Preview of new CCC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

watchthisspace

Download: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx

Release Notes: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst1012ReleaseNotes.aspx

"New Features:

Support for DivX on the AMD Radeon 6800 Series
With DivX® software installed on an AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series and later GPU and the DivX Accelerated™ solution, consumers can enjoy an improved DivX video playback experience by lowering CPU load, extending computer battery life on notebooks, reducing noise on home theater PCs and improving overall computer operation.
Grab the DivX Accelerated download from here (will be available Dec 15) http://go.divx.com/accelerated

Support for OpenGL 4.1

New features introduced in OpenGL 4.1
Full compatibility with OpenGL ES 2.0 APIs for easier porting between mobile and desktop platforms
The ability to query and load a binary for shader program objects to save re-compilation time
The capability to bind programs individually to programmable stages for programming flexibility
64-bit floating-point component vertex shader inputs for higher geometric precision
Multiple viewports for a rendering surface for increased rendering flexibility
New ARB extensions introduced with OpenGL 4.1
Linking OpenGL sync objects to OpenCL event objects for enhanced OpenCL interoperability
The ability to set stencil values in a fragment shader for enhanced rendering flexibility
Features to improve robustness, for example when running WebGL applications
Callback mechanisms to receive enhanced errors and warning messages

AMD Stream 2.3 SDK release

Performance improvements for AMD’s OpenCL toolset
Support UVD video hardware component through OpenCL driver (Windows 7 only)
Support for the Stream Profiler on Linux (command line version)
Support added for AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series and AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Support for FFT and BLAS-3 libraries
Stream Profiler enhancements (including timeline visualization)
Resolves a number of bug fixes from the Stream SDK 2.2 release"

now we'll see a ton of ppl frying gpus cause they will think if CCC lets em go that high that its OK to do so :p

now we'll see a ton of ppl frying gpus cause they will think if CCC lets em go that high that its OK to do so :p

Its got a warning, if they don't pay attention to it, that is the consumers fault. Even with the limits it didn't guarrentee stable speed at the max clocks they would allow.

Hows the number stand anyone get any new scores in there benchmarks with these, I dont have a BM tool to use and I'm still on 10.10 just think updating everytime isnt always worth it.

thanks, i cant set the bar past how it was before but it's not like it matters since i couldn't even reach those clocks anyway.

My scores stayed the same with this update, I dont have much of a system but i played around with it... Havn't tried to get a higher clock with em yet... maybe later tonite

Now that I've used it a little, I don't like the new CCC. Have to go through too many menus to get to where I want.

I know, that's exactly what I am doing but, as soon as I OC with MSI, my idle remains high.

You can create your own CCC profiles to control idle speeds...

Create a profile within CCC, then browse to C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE then open up your newly created profile and you can set idle speed clocks...

I should look something like this...

<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="50000" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="50000" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="78000" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="110000" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="110000" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="110000" />

the '50000' would be a 500MHz idle speed and the '78000' is 780MHz 3D clock speeds... Memory follows the same pattern....

Sorry for the poor explanation... I've only ever done it once!!

Yup... but now my driver keeps crashing or locking up my computer... back to 10.10d for me... these drivers are terrible...

I'm a little late on adopting here.

I installed the 10.12 and this caused my 2nd monitor to start flickering for me. It may have been fixed for Sandy and broke for me due to us having different mother boards??

The screen flickering is more of an annoyance than the gains from the new CCC interface; I ended up rolling back to 10.10. Hopefully the next round will be better...

Last edited:
Back