• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cat toy slammed into computer case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Defiant_force

Registered
So I am probably freaking out about nothing but my cat got hooked on a arched cat bristle scratching post with a thin flimsyish wooden flat base. This was slammed into the back panel side of my cobra raidmax case. Middle of the sloping edge on the bulge if you look at it from the front. It has a very small dent. This rig has modern parts. Z170 asus board, 6600k i5 processor, rx 480 gtr 8gb. Should I run any tests? The case rocked lightly but other then the dent I notice no damage.

Thank for helping ease my mind!

Last edited:
The case rocked? Like swayed from one to the other? Did the pegs on one side come completely off the desk/ground? Was there any flickering of the lights? Did your pc shut down? I would naturally assume that your pc is entirely ok. Most every component I can think of is probably tightly secured with screws or small bolts. And they are typically inside of the case. I would imagine if you took a baseball bat to the rear fender of your car it would be in 100 percent working order afterward. Possibly even if it was an Rc car.

Every part is secured with screws. The pegs did leave the ground as it is on the floor next to my entertainment stand. No flickers or anything as the machine was running STO and a Netflix show at the same time with no interruption.

She is doing just fine now. She would not leave my side for the better part of the last 3 1/2 hours. Gave her some treats and make sure her back leg was ok.

When I was a kid our cat climbed up the Christmas tree and knocked it over. Broke a bunch of ornaments and rearranged stuff majorly. My mom was so mad I had to board the cat out at the neighbor's house for a couple of days to keep it alive until mom simmered down.

Computer is going to be fine. If it didn't fall over and nothing came apart I can't imagine anything could be damaged other than the small dent you noticed.

When I was a kid our cat climbed up the Christmas tree and knocked it over. Broke a bunch of ornaments and rearranged stuff majorly. My mom was so mad I had to board the cat out at the neighbor's house for a couple of days to keep it alive until mom simmered down.

My father spent the better part of a nice Saturday trying to catch the cat so he could kill it. While he was laying in bed basking in the knowledge he didn't have to get up until he wanted to, the cat licked his armpit. He eventually calmed down and the cat survived.

Last edited:
My father spent the better part of a nice Saturday trying to catch the cat so he could kill it. While he was laying in bed basking in the knowledge he didn't have to get up until he wanted to, the cat licked his armpit. He eventually calmed down and the cat survived.

Cheaper than buying deodorant!

Im always moving my case while my PC is working, Also my mom always hits it with the broom and while washing the floor, Didnt notice my PC running any worse or any better.

An ex wife threw a fit, and a shoe, at my last rig. It worked just fine. In fact, I was still using it long after she was shown the door.

Back