• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD & DVD Burning software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lyian

Greetings.

Ive been trying to get a correct burn of my CD for my car (it can decode mp3 cds, but isnt advanced enough to have an AV port, and im too lazy to buy a new one (plus it isnt worth it for this car).

We have Roxio here at work, but ive grown to hate it. I have an mp3 cd (aka a discographies) of a band. The problem with my current one is not all of the songs have information on them, and one of the albums songs are in the wrong order. So im attempting to fix that.

Now ive added all the appropriate Id3 information to each track, (did this initially so it would display and organize correctly on my phone). Windows itself can arrange the files by their track number, but Roxio cannot, and defaults to putting them in Alphabetical order and i cannot find a way to reorder them other than manually (which i really dont want to do).

Is there a better program out there than has more burning/organization options or can anyone offer a better suggestion to handle this? Id like to convert my single album cd's into discographies for my car so id really rather not be forced to re-arranged each song one by one so they are in proper order.

Thanks

Nero is always good, but it's not free. Ashampoo is free and MAY be able to do the same thing.

In windows all you need is Foobar for organization, playback and cd burning. Tagscanner for tagging, cover art, renaming, etc. With foobar you must add the plugins as zip files or it won't be able to update them.

Ok, i finally found some software that works. Called Acoustica. It let me orginize them by Track number and burn an MP3 CD. The files show up in alphabetical order to a computer, but in my car, it plays in the proper track order.

The only downfall is that it will not let me re-arrange the Album Folders in chronological order, forcing me to rename them with the release year to keep them in order. But that isnt as big a deal as doing it to all the songs. (still would like it to do this tho).

Not too bad, but not perfect.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys :)

It is? I don't get what you are saying. I've recently installed this program.

Lol, because while i can understand if it would say "does not include Ad's/Advertisements" having it pretty much say "this wont harm your computer" sounds really suspicious. They shouldn't have to qualify that the program is safe, it should just be that way.

In windows that's not news. If I have a single album by a single artist then the date ( '99, etc) goes at the end. If I have many albums in one folder the date goes at the beginning as ('99-), etc. This way the artist is alphabetized and shown first, then the albums in chronological order second.

Back