• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

celeron tualatin with data-prefetch logic?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ensabah6

Registered
hi,
does the celeron tualatins have data-prefetch logic enabled? originally i heard they have it present and it is enabled, but due to the low bus bandwidth of 100mhz/800mb/s it does not function well, but if overclocked, the data prefetch logic works and in addition to the overclock boost, there is the boost from data-prefetch logic.

however, several reviewers claim that this logic is, in fact, disabled.

http://www.digit-life.com/articles/celeron1200mhz/

The Celeron is meant for a value market because of a low FSB frequency and a disabled Data Prefetch Logic.

www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/celeron-1200.html -
.. the efficiency of the Data Prefetch Logic a

www.realworldtech.com/ page.cfm?ArticleID=RWT061202231808 -

the problem i have with realworld is that the author did not overclock to 133mhz, where maybe the prefetch logic might kick in.

anyone know for sure?

According to sandpile.org, which usually has reliable information, the Celeron does not have prefetch enabled unless it is a mobile Celeron. Raising the bus speed will not enable the feature.

Foxie3a said:
Overclocking won't enable it. Atleast I dont think so...

i remember reading in tomshardware or anandtech that the data prefetch requires high bandwidth, and that the celeron's 100mhz 800mb/s bandwidth is so low, that the data prefetch has a neglible impact on performance, while increasing the bandwidth increases performance of the data prefetch.

un otherwords, at 800mb/s it is so low that it would appear the data prefetch is disabled, but by overclocking to 133mhz/1gb/s, the data prefetch utilizes the extra headroom.

Back