• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cellie 600 @677 (max!!) SOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trapper

For some reason i cant get my celron 600 past 677 thats with FSB @75 x 9.0

intel 810 chipset onboard sound and graphics
microstar MS-6178 v1.0a mobo
64mb board of Winbond sd-ram
130mb board of Toshiba sd-ram

temps about 42-3 idle upto 52

core is 1.4v

Any ideas guys as any time i go that notch more it does the POST and then dosnt go further :-( and if i try it using "cpufsb" it just hangs,
ive tried extra fan etc but wot i think i need is something that wiil cool the chip sufficiently to get past the POST
Can ane1 help ta guys

The onboard video and audio maybe not like being overclocked.

Maybe try disablin the audio, or try jumpin to 100mhz FSB to keep everything in spec.

Those temps are pretty high, remember, cooling is #1

Good luck

Those temps are smokin' hot. You need better coolin' ASAP.

Zuck is right about the CPU core voltage should not be 1.4v, but is wrong about the 1.75v. The Celeron 600 was made in two flavors: cB0 with a default of 1.5v and cC0 with a default of 1.7v.

got my temps sorted with another fan stuck on the end of the heatsink and will try going to 100 mhz asap.Cheers guys.oh aye do you think im wasting time and should get a better processor????????as my mobo supports a 800 piii upgrade (im sure)ms-6178 v1.0a

if you can afford it, a PIII might work out fairly well for ya,
as a PIII can out perform a celeron with the same speed
my new PIII550@612 outperformed my cellie 700@876

Back