• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE CES 2022: AMD Unveils New Desktop and Mobile CPUs, Graphics, and more.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

amdfeat.jpg
At AMD's virtual press conference at CES 2022 Tuesday, the company unveiled new Ryzen processors for the desktop and mobile segments as well as Radeon graphics devices for desktops and laptops, all of which we're supposed to see this year. This includes the Ryzen 6000 series mobile processors, the Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Ryzen 7000 series desktop processors, and several new SKUs in the Radeon RX 6000 series lineup.
Click here to read more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excited to see the performance of the 7K series AMD CPUs when they come out. Hopefully the LGA socket and such is a smooth transition for them. There's pros and cons to it vs the PGA/pins-on-cpu setup that they've used forever, so we'll see!

A little disappointed in the 5000 series refresh. They are only updating the 5800X. Not saying I won't buy a 5800X3D once Microcenter puts it on sale, but I was considering the refreshed 5900X.

Iirc, they were showing a zen4/ryzen 7000 chip do that, nit the 3d cache chip.

That coupled with IPC increases says win (price not withstanding)

I've never had an AMD processor before but I'm thinking about it
You should try to make it until AMD's '22 Q4 release of the new 7000 series platform. You will be able to get on board with DDR5 & the other new chipset features coming after X570 & B550. Sounds like it will be impressive.

This is what I'm waiting for too, though I have money burning a hole in my pocket.

Hopefully PCIe 5.0 will be available with that series.

I dont think they tipped their hand at ces (Lisa su didnt confirm, but indicated as much) but if i was a betting man (I am...) my momey is on pcie 5.0. I don't care if it's largely irrelevant (for graphics in particular - though the extra bandwidth is helpful to add more m.2) but I can't see them going a full generation being 'behind' Intel.

O yeah...I'm waiting for sure. I have a blazing fire burning a hole in my pocket wanting a new setup.
Post magically merged:

Is a threadripper something to consider?

TR is on the table if you can utilize all those threads. Remember cores/threads are like ram.... if you don't have enough, you suffer. Too much is a waste of cash (and power).

Back