• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE CES 2023 – Kingston Shares Fury Renegade DDR5-7200 RAM and Ironkey Hardware Encrypted USB sticks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

kingstonfeat.jpg
We stopped by the Kingston and Hyper X suites later Friday, and on display was some new RGB RAM from the Fury line (Beast and Renegade) that reaches speeds up to DDR5-7200 (mentioned that they overclock to DDR5-8000). They also mentioned another new RAM series, named "Impact", which we'll see shortly. A first for Kingston is IronKey Vault Privacy 50C USB Type-C hardware encrypted USB drives
Click here to read more!

I have FURY Renegade DDR5-7200 in tests right now, so the results will probably be in a couple of days. So far, it can't make 8000MT/s, but maybe I will reach it.

This is a 7200 CL38 kit which you can find in stores already.
Result at 8266 CL38-46-46 1.55V (maybe lower will work too, but I had no time to check all combinations). It passes all benchmarks.

8266_1.jpg

I finally found a better BIOS for my MSI Z790I Edge mobo. What is weird is that the last official version is from November (the same as for many other Z790 mobos). On the official BIOS, it can't even boot at 7800+. On the last beta that I found, it works at 8266. Ratios for 8400 and 8600 don't work. 8533 tries to train but can't boot.

Back