• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Change Nat type 3 to a 2 with DSL (Embarq 660 modem)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buckbadly

I didn't see this posted in here anywhere, if it is, then mods feel free to delete this.

I recently switched to DSL(Embarq), and they give you this little modem, I guess it is considered a router as well, even though it doesnt have any additional ports on the back.

I hooked my linksys to it so I could hook the PS3 and 360 to it. I started getting kicked from servers for high ping and generally had a hard time staying connected.

So I started looking into it and apparently my PS3 had a Nat type of 3, never paid any attention to it before, but I found out it is not desirable:p

Well I tried everything to get it to change to a 2 or 1 to no avail.

Finally I found a thread on another forum about putting the Embarq modem into bridge mode and it bypasses all the routing functions and your left with a plain modem. I did that and hooked my Linksys back up, rebooted everything and voila, Nat type2. Might be bale to get a 1 if I messed with the Linksys a little.

Anyways, if anyone has the 660 series modem from Embarq and is using a router as well, try putting it in bridge mode and see if that helps out with the connection problems on your PS3.

Again, everyone prolly already knew this, but I just found out:rolleyes:

Last edited:
You have to go to "Administration" and turn on UPnP. I have the same router.

Cool, I was having a heck of a time for a few days trying to get this figured out.

Come to find out it was that easy:shrug:

Back