• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing AGP BUS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

It is currently set at 66 which is default for my board. I was thinking of raising this a little. Anyone have some input or past expierence with doing this? All I know about it is too much means death to my card, anything else is much appreciated. Thanks.

ninthebin said:
set it to AGP 2X/4x/8X to up the AGP bus

I think he was refering to the agp bus speed..... and , no it doesnt make much of a difference. the difference between agp4x and 8x isnt even noticeable.

raising the clock speed would only result in the same - more bandwidth - so why risk stability, or your hardware itself if you can just have it do more per clock, which results in more bandwidth.

but then what would be faster - an AGP bus clocked at 528MHz or one clocked at 66MHz that is octuple pumped? both are transmitting the same theoretical max of data

enlighten nin :)

Back