• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing the boring logon/splash screen & pop up warning/mod prior to splash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPECOPSPC

#1 How do I change that boring Microsoft splash screen in Windows 7 at the logon screen for different users? And what recommended sizes must they be, also what type of file must it be ie. jpeg, .png, .bmp

#2 Also a friend of mine had some kind of a pop up while booting windows that your actions are being monitored by Area 51 Personnel... He didn't want to tell me how that was done? How do you customize pop ups like that where yo have to click "ok" to get you to the splash screen with users logon's? Found that pretty cool since you can customize the message; but he is being a "****** & told me to look online" great friend right?

Thanks Guys/Gals...:thup:

Last edited:
Awesome! Earthdog thanks again! Now any idea on my 2nd question?

not sure on how he implemented it put it could have been just as simple as a logon script use the "msg" command. Or it could have been a vb script executed at logon. I also believe there may be a local policy setting to have a message displayed (gpedit.msc) not sure on that though.

But you can also use GP to set a welcome screen background as well

not sure on how he implemented it put it could have been just as simple as a logon script use the "msg" command. Or it could have been a vb script executed at logon. I also believe there may be a local policy setting to have a message displayed (gpedit.msc) not sure on that though.

But you can also use GP to set a welcome screen background as well

I have no clue figured i'd ask. GP editor I heard is not available to Windows & Home Premium users just Business and Ultimate or something like that.

I have no clue figured i'd ask. GP editor I heard is not available to Windows & Home Premium users just Business and Ultimate or something like that.

Technically yes, but you can still adjust all of the settings that GP has via the regediter. Just google it and itll come up.

Found this

regedit

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system]

Then edit these two DWORD values as

"LegalNoticeCaption"="Enter your custom message caption "
"LegalNoticeText"="Enter your custom message text "

Close the Windows registry editor and restart your computer to take effect the changes.

Back up the registry first. HTH

Found this

regedit

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system]

Then edit these two DWORD values as

"LegalNoticeCaption"="Enter your custom message caption "
"LegalNoticeText"="Enter your custom message text "

Close the Windows registry editor and restart your computer to take effect the changes.

Back up the registry first. HTH

Hmmm big thanks to you. Will give it a shot see what happens....:thup:

Back