• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing the Look of Windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Russia14

Does anyone run any 3rd party software that gives Windows an entirely different look? Ive seen screenies of alternate desktops taskbars etc and I was inquiring if anyone is currently using any of those programs or can point me in the right direction.:D

No, but I use Display Fusion for multiple monitors (the paid Pro version)..and it rocks. It lets me have a task bar on each monitor...with the apps on each monitor showing up that monitor's task bar only...and a Start menu on each task bar. They also have a free version, but it lacks many of the best features of the Pro version.

http://www.displayfusion.com/

Rainmeter is probably one of the most popular desktop customization tools out there. It will go as far as you, and your sills, want to take it; there are thousands of "pre-made" themes that you can download and you can create your own customisations and mix & match different parts of different themes to make your own.

And for multiple monitor management, I use Ultramon.

+1 for Rainmeter, there are 100s of themes and they are very customizable for you system features and plugins.

If you want the Mac-like dock interface you can get RocketDock http://rocketdock.com/

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 159
Rainmeter looks great, will try it out..:)

You can do really amazing things with rainmeter as well, there are thousands of skins for it and the are so many options when customizing it to make it your own. There are also many plugins for it that allow you to monitor sys specs and add shortcuts to programs. I have been using it for a long time and it is an amazing program.

You can do really amazing things with rainmeter as well, there are thousands of skins for it and the are so many options when customizing it to make it your own. There are also many plugins for it that allow you to monitor sys specs and add shortcuts to programs. I have been using it for a long time and it is an amazing program.

Yes, got it and having a good look, very nice.:)

I use Stardock's suite of software. They are pretty good at completely changing the feel of Windows.

WindowsBlinds has neat themes for Windows 7 but the downside is that you must have the program installed to have the theme work.

Back