• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thematrixiam

Hey guys

wondering if you have found a good source for cheap fans? Would something like ebay be worth the risk? I could easily save 8$ per fan if I did that.

Or have you been able to find cheaper solutions close to home? Which would be Canada for myself.

These are what I have found at some more reliable sites.

NCIX had one on for 3.99 (but looks like a limited sale)
http://www.ncix.com/products/index....-RED/BLACK&manufacture=Yate Loon&promoid=1190

and tigerdirect had one for 4.99
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicati...me=120mm-Case-Fans&Nav=|c:494|&Sort=4&Recs=10

Those Yate Loon fans from NCIX are the ticket if you are looking for reliable, good, but cheap fans. Yate Loon fans are known for giving reliable, honest specifications as far as cfm and dB go. They are my fan of choice for budget fans.

Thanks guys,

I am looking for 6 fans for my radiator. Do you think it would be a huge difference to just buy six of those? Or would it be better to use those as pull, and get faster ones for push? (I believe that's the way it is supposed to go, with the slower ones pulling and the faster pushing.)

It all depends on your rad and the model fan you are going to use. If you are going to use a low FPI rad such as an XSPC RX series or HW Labs SR series, you can probably do just fine with 3 Yate Low fans in either push or pull. But, if you have room for them, a push pull setup will net a little bit better performance. If you go with a high FPI rad such as the HW Labs GTX rads, I would definitely go with a push pull setup with Yate Low fans. With Yate Mediums, you could get by with 3 fans in either push or pull on the GTX.

I recently built a system for a review and in it I'm using 2 rads, an RX360 and a GTX140.1. I went push pull on both with Yate Low fans on the RX3650 and 2 of the 140 x 25 fans that came with the case for the GTX140. The loop is cooling a 2600K and a GTX260/216.

Back