• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chimp Challenge Estimation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
** DismorphiC, can you put aside your Top 10, or 20 ambitions just temporarily, and help us in the race we're in? **

If it wasn't important, I wouldn't ask.

Yessiree. I didn't pay any attention to this until tonight as I'm still a noob around these parts. I finally looked at it tonight. I'm all over it =)

OK 5 machines swiched so far (~28 cores worth?). More to come.

Edit: 6 machines, 36 cores worth.
Edit 2: Several more, ~20 more cores worth.

Dammit lets kick some ***!!!

Last edited:
Yessiree. I didn't pay any attention to this until tonight as I'm still a noob around these parts. I finally looked at it tonight. I'm all over it =)

OK 5 machines swiched so far (~28 cpus worth?). More to come.

Whoo-hoo!!! Way to FOLD DismorphiC! That puts us that much closer to passing MinPC! :beer:

I had an 8800gt and an old dually for the start of the challenge. I just added 2 quads (Ubuntu SMP), they'll run until the end of the challenge or when my hardware gets here, which ever comes first.

I've tried to get notfred's VMWare SMP client folding on my quad (I have a GPU client already running for the monkeys) - problem is, it's setup now, folds for a couple of minutes, then my computer loses all power. Any ideas what's going on here? When I stopped using the app my computer runs fine.

I have a Q6600 (stock), 8800GT, 2GB DDR800, err rest is somewhere on my profile for exact specification.

Using the (crappy) Vista Home Premium 32-bit edition...UAC is off.

I'm wondering if your power supply is unable to give your system, what it needs.

If you stop GPU folding, and just run Notfreds's, will it stay running?

Also, how are your temps? Anything getting too warm?

Hey Lofty have you got stock cooler on the Q6600, and no dust bunnies ect

May be a Temp issue causing system shut down.

The OCZ 500 should be enough to power everything

Back