• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chinese tablet not using all the screen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

I recently saw a post on Amazon about someone with a DanCo 7" A23 DualCore Chinese tablet that the person (chatia) complained that half of the screen is unusable....Well, I wanted to reply to him/her that the tablet is probably in "demo mode" in which only half of the screen is usable, and if she/he were to uncheck demo mode in Settings>Display that it should clear it up, but to my dismay, Amazon will not let you post unless you make a purchase.

Well, I'm sorry but Amazon's prices blow chunks and I buy off Ebay (and no I do not bid, I use the buy it now button).

Anyhow, I hope anybody doing a google search for half their tablet screen functioning will stumble onto this thread, and maybe become a member of this fine forum.

so in short, if you have one of these Chinese tablets and you can only use half of the screen, go into

Settings> Display> and at the bottom you should see "demo mode"

Simply uncheck and you should be good to go.
Hope this helps

Good info here Doc, I wouldn't think that Demo Mode could cause that. :thup:

Back