• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choose your fan ! 6-Fan Battle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Furieux

Registered
Ok guys, regardless of the price, which one would you choose ? Quiet is best and performance come second.

Here are the fans :

choixdefan.jpg

All of em are 4-pin PWM. Right now i'm leaning toward the Enermax because of the detachable blades. But beside that, I have no clue on whiche one I should choose !

Let me know

Everyone seems to agree on the TY-140.... Why is that ? Is it more silent than the other ?

I have a TY-140 on the Shaman at full speed and I cannot hear it. It's the quietest fan that I have installed.

The TY140 is biggest it will obviously be the quietest. Why all 120's and just that one 140mm???

Also Noctua NF-P14 FLX?</STRIKE

The TY140 is biggest it will obviously be the quietest. Why all 120's and just that one 140mm???

Also Noctua NF-P14 FLX?

My local retailer only has these PWM model in store :p So that's why I listed em. And I don't feel like paying full shipping on Newegg for a 10$ fan :p

The TY140 also uses a 120mm fan bolt pattern too, so it should be judged against 120mm fans and not 149mm fans.

And yes, I would have said TY140 also. Very quiet fan.

Last edited:
My local retailer only has these PWM model in store :p So that's why I listed em. And I don't feel like paying full shipping on Newegg for a 10$ fan :p

There are MANY MANY more places to buy fans than just the noob modders home.

Head over to the WC forum and look in the stickies. A list of WC stores. Watercoolers have cases too, and pay a LOT more attention to specs than most air coolers since we are deeper into the game, at it much longer in most cases.

Newegg doesn't sell the Gentle Typhoons to list just ONE of many fans that surpass any of your choices.

A good fan link to learn more. I have more..........
http://martinsliquidlab.org/category/fans/

The TY140 also uses a 120mm fan bolt pattern too, so it should be judged against 120mm fans and not 149mm fans.
Noctua's 140mm fan uses a 120mm mount also. It doesn't move a LOT of air but it doesn't make noise or vibrate whatsoever. Really cool hella-reinforced brass blade spinner .. I have 3 of them.

Back