• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cigarette Lighter Adapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Omega Destroyer

For those of you that want to use car accessories to mod your case, this nifty little tool will help you out. Yes I realize you don't have to pay $20 if you can cut the wires yourself, but a post yesterday (which I was too lazy to look for) stated that the person was having some troubles getting their neon light working, so I guess this is for those people.

Next I'm putting in a Car air freshner (no it doesn't use electricity), and possibly a cellphone holder :)

Oh almost forgot to post the link

http://store.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/cig-01.html

Pointless buy... way too expensive. Run out to walmart and pick up the exact same thing from the automotive section, and add your own molex. :)

And uhm... I dont think I'd try to light the thing up... case temps would rise and that thing prolly draws major amperage.

srry but....

lol

looks like a quick way to fry a PSU if your just looking for a smoke.

Last edited:
BlueWraith said:
Pointless buy... way too expensive. Run out to walmart and pick up the exact same thing from the automotive section, and add your own molex. :)
Sorry, gotta disagree, at least partially here.
You can get it from the auto store or wherever, and you can add your own molex. But the price is not that bad. I cant recall the exact price ATM, but thats not to bad.
BlueWraith said:
And uhm... I dont think I'd try to light the thing up... case temps would rise and that thing prolly draws major amperage.
Sorry, gotta disagree again. These have been used many times and not a one has caused this kinda problem. Heat I could see as a possible, but I seriouslly doubt it. Its not like it would be heated all the time.
MEAT BAG said:
srry but....

lol

looks like a quick way to fry a PSU if your just looking for a smoke.
And again, disagree. This will not kill a PSU. It has been used many times by many a folk.

Granted, I personally dont see a reason for it other then just basic idea of something unique for yourself. Under the presumption no one else you know has one in their comp.
Personally, just buy a Bic! LoL

But it is not bad for your system and it has been done by plenty of folk.

i have a cig lighter in my rig, a non smoker, i put the adapter in my rig when my desktop charger for my cell died, so now i just plug in the car adapter.

i have a Digital Doc 5 and can see no drop in the 12v line when it's in use.

Digital

Well as I said, the purpose of this mod is not really to use the lighter feature, although you could. It's just so that you can add car accessories that normally plug into your lighter jack. Such as neon lights that react to music, cell chargers, and whatever else plugs into a lighter jack.

IFMU said:

Sorry, gotta disagree again. These have been used many times and not a one has caused this kinda problem. Heat I could see as a possible, but I seriouslly doubt it. Its not like it would be heated all the time.

i meant if you used the lighter. i think that produces heat since it will light cigerettes and it has a high current draw since its just heating it up through resistence like and oven coil. but i could be wrong

sorry but i prefere to use a cigeret lighter as in a butane gas thing then that and i adopted the "cut and solder then isolate" method for sticking 12V tings but having a kwel cigaret lighter is pretty sweet on ur case pretty bad i odnt have no slots left :( hehe

Back