• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM Hyper 212+ and Cougar CF-V12HP Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

I know that the CF-V12HP have a weird design and not squared like the normal fans, but I wonder if the mounting plastic brackets for the fans will work on this circular odd shaped ones.

dja2k

They'll work just fine. The 212+ fans mount with fegular fan screws onto the black clip on retention bracket. If its 120mm and has the holes in the usual place, it'll fit.

Thanks! I went ahead and took the plunge and ordered 5 of those fans; 3 for my case and 2 for the Hyper 212+.

dja2k

Thanks! I went ahead and took the plunge and ordered 5 of those fans; 3 for my case and 2 for the Hyper 212+.

dja2k

Hey, I know this is a wicked old thread, but how did those cougars work with the CM 212+? I'm considering getting a few for my system as well.

Honestly don't spend your money on those Cougars! I will never buy expensive and gimmicky fans again since I found out about Yate Loon's.

dja2k

Honestly don't spend your money on those Cougars! I will never buy expensive and gimmicky fans again since I found out about Yate Loon's.

dja2k

Soo...I take it they didn't work well with the CM 212+?

If you think they're going to make a major improvement then no. if you are set on getting them because they look good spec wise then they are okay for what they are.

dja2k

Really I'm just looking for something that performs as well as the cooler's stock setup, just quieter. I also wanted a good second fan for push/pull.

Last edited:
I was in the same quest as you when I got those Coguars, but they still were loud. I also tried another stock fan for the push\pull setup. I was able to find the balance between quiet and efficient using the Bios PWM settings and running them at a sustained RPM rate instead of having them throttle. After that I went to using Yate Loon 120mm Low RPM fans and have them full speed, no more RPM messing around. All my fans are now Yate Loon as you can see in my sig, ranging from 120mm to 140mm.

dja2k

Back