• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM V8 GTS or V10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sinja

I'm looking at the CM V8 GTS which haven't been released yet. Does anyone have any idea when it will drop? They said august in the USA.

The other one is the CM V10 which is a couple of years old.

V8 with 8 heatpipes, or the huge V10 with 10 heatpipes + Thermal-eletric cooler?

Don't seem like anyone compared the two on the same rig. I've seen the v10 tested on old rigs, it seems like it's cooling better on OC Core 2 Extreme QX6850. The V8 GTS on the other hand seems to cool better than the V10 on a i5 2500k (not clocked)

V8 GTS : http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-V8-GTS-CPU-Cooler-Review/1796/6
V10: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-V10-CPU-Cooler-Review/774/5

The V10 specs doesn't mention LGA 1150, will it fit?
And will it fit the CM HAF XB Midi?
Which one would you pick for a i5-4670k?

NH-D14 or PH-TC14PE will outperform it.

1150 is the same mount as 1155 IIRC.

Look at the size for the HAF XB, they should have a heatsink height listed.

Neither really, see first comment.

I have a V8 and a CM hyper 212 and the V8 is only a few degrees better. Not worth the extra $ in my opinion.

Right now it's not all about performance, but the looks.
So I'm wondering which one is better.
Not going for max OC, maybe 4.5GHz

I'll look into the HAF XB, ty

Neither... Agree with ATM.

I have an XB but its under AIO water so no clue on clearance. ATM has you covered there as well. Check out their website as it should show clearance.

I have a V8 and a CM hyper 212 and the V8 is only a few degrees better. Not worth the extra $ in my opinion.

The GTS should perform even better? + The red LEDs:)
For me it's worth the $ to complete my rigs theme

Ok, so the V10 doesnt fit your theme and is an option? I guess you have to decide what you prefer, want, and need. The V8 fits your theme... the V10 does not and performs a bit better. The V8 and V10 are MEH performers all around.

Since I imagine you are not trying to break any overclocking records, the V8 that fits your theme will be fine.

The PH-TC14PE comes in red. Just saying.

The V8/V10 are overpriced coolers that perform with the lower end of air coolers.

The GTS should perform even better? + The red LEDs:)
For me it's worth the $ to complete my rigs theme

There's a difference between spending extra $ for the bling (which I think is dumb anyway, it's not a toy), but you're buying mediocre performing overpriced parts.

You can get the Phanteks heatsink in any color you want, and it performs well.

The V10 fits, it was just an answer to Johan, should've quoted.
I should take a closer look on the Phanteks, as well as other coolers.
I'd actually say in a way it is a toy.. But i get your point.

Anyway thanks for good replies, it was just what I needed!

There's a difference between spending extra $ for the bling (which I think is dumb anyway, it's not a toy), but you're buying mediocre performing overpriced parts.

It's not a toy?!? :shock:

You just shattered my vision of what I thought it was to be a computer enthusiast. I thought it really was just playing with expensive and complicated toys. :p

If you want pretty, then buy a Mac. There are plenty of nice looking aluminum heatsinks out there.

I run a V8 because I got it handed to me brand new, otherwise I would have went with a 212 or similar. It does look nice though ;)

IMG_20130812_230919r.jpg

Last edited:
I ziptied extra fans o my V8 and got a push->pull system going, it works very well, but i must admit if i did it again i would go with a noctua cooler hands down.

Back