• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoD4 gives "directx error"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

simba1621

Hi I'm really liking Call of Duty 4. The problem is; when I try to change resolution from 640x480 to anything it crashes. and gives me an error message. I'm running a 7300gt :( on 163.75. The odd thing is that I played the game all last night without a hitch. Boot up this morning and it's freaking out.

I'm going to try and turn my overclock down to see if it's a hardware issue.

Either re-install your drivers or get newer/older ones ;)

I am using the ones release yesterday with COD4 and they seem to do fine. They actually give me better FPS than older ones did in the demo. You may want to update you DX too. There was a version out in August and I beleive they just released another.

make sure u are not running xfire while trying to change resolution was getting same error untill i closed xfire off and then make changes and started xfire back up

I used to get his error in COD2 when minimizing COD2 a lot in a short period. May be the same problem with COD4.

Back