• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CODECs? I need the latest and greatest...where do I find them?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lokie said:
i got 3 words for you ACE MEGA CODECS. Plays 99% of what i throw at it no problem.:beer:

Yep, I've tried many codec packs, after countless installs of Windows, and I ifnd this one to be the best. The initial download is around 50MB, but it gives you many different install options; from "Just Play it" to the full on everything install. So it's very tailorable to your needs. I've always used the full install and its never had any conflicts with itself.

If you do plan to choose the minimal install, you might want to go with CCCP. I got CCCP on my laptop, and it's like ACE without all the extra utilities.

I installed the ACE MEGA CODEC and it took over my normal media player and in its place popped up some "3 2 1" Windows Classic media player which I dont want to use.

Even worse, after I uninstalled it, Windows XP now asks me if I want to open each movie file and then I have to choose the program I want to use to view it... I'm gonna try a system restore...hopefully I'll get lucky and go back to pre-Ace Codec days...

EDIT: I was sucessfull in restoriing to pre Ace days...phew. If there was some way to still use Windows Media Player 10 while having the codecs installed I would be interested in that.

Last edited:
Back