• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comcast X1 Cable Box Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dorito Bandit

I have some questions about the X1 cable box / service from Comcast.

For those of you who have the X1, how do you like it? Please tell me of any issues you're having, or have had, with it.

Does the X1 system slow down your Internet on your other Internet connected devices, such as your desktop?

Does it update frequently? If so, does it interrupt what you're watching?

And I know this may sound silly, but does the remote batteries die quickly? I've seen where a few others mentioned a problem with this happening.

I would love to see what you all have to say about this, and I really do appreciate your help.

Thanks

These are questions that would have similiar answers to alot of set top boxes if not all.

I have installed directv, dish network, and some (as an assistant) Mediacom services and did not notice any issues with the internet when the set top box was connected to internet.

All that really matters is that it is properly installed.

Anyway, what I can tell you is that from the boxes I worked with, they only use lots of data if you are using Netflix, you tube, or other apps on them. This is for both satellite and cable.

For updates, I doubt it would update right in the middle of you watching TV unless you stay up till 4am or something. That is the usual time they update. I know that you can actually disable this on dish Network and maybe others but I recommend against it seeing how it would be very difficult to update the box when it never had the chance to update since " the power light was on the whole time while tv was off". I have seen this with both literate and illiterate customers who do this.

Remote batteries...depends. Just get some rechargable double or triple A batteries.

Back