• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

compare a dell to mine, i think i over payed for my system. Check it out.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

Dell Rig------------------------------My rig
2.8 P4 HT/intel mobo ----------------A64 3000+/epox mobo (250)
512 MB PC3200 rams ----------------1 GB Geil PC4000 (160)
40 GB SATA-------------------------60 GB ATA (25)
Onboard graphic---------------------Abit Radeon 9550 (70)
No sound ---------------------------Chaintech 7.1/onboard (25)
Case/ PSU dell ----------------------Cheapo case (mod) (420watt TT) (50)
No optical -------------------------- Nec 3500 (80)
Dell heatsink ------------------------XP-90 (35)

Total: 350---------------------------700 :temper: Twice as much, if i subtract the DVD burner, 512 stick, the sound card (because these are not pressented in a dell machine), i still ended up with 510, about 150 dollars more :( this makes me feel bad :(

FYI i didn't buy the whole system yet, i already got most of it collected, but i'm short on cash, so i'll get the CPU and mobo in 4 weeks and i'm set to go (maybe even less than 4 weeks).

what you have woops that systems arse :rolleyes:
but it is 2x the price, i personaly hate dell however and would only buy it for a family member on the cheap (those decent systems for 500 bux w/17" lcd)

Your rig is better. The extra money is worth the added preformance, not having a Dell, upgradability, overclockability, and the fun of building a computer.

what you have there will beat the pants of any dell rig, the graphics are better, the drive bigger and the 3000+ can be O/Ced. Trust me you spent more but you got twice the computer.

I think your system looks a lot better really. CPU is as fast as, or on par with the 2.8. Plus with the PC4000 RAM you have OCing headroom where the dell does not.

You also have more RAM, a DVD burner, sound etc etc.

ok, i'm just gonna go ahead a place the order for the CPU and mobo in the next week or so:), i just got everything in for the past couple of days, just wanna confirm before i throw my money out to newegg. it's so hard when you don't have enough money :) (but then again, how much is enough? lol greedy)

your system is much better. you have better hardware installed in your system. Also if you ever will upgrade in the future you can use most of the stuff while from dell system you can only take hard drive.

Peranally I hate dell computers, never in my life I seen one good working dell pc and that ranged from high to low end.

i agree your spes are much nicer, but shouldnt you also add in windows and any software? unless the dell rig is a server one or something with no OS

zip22 said:
i agree your spes are much nicer, but shouldnt you also add in windows and any software? unless the dell rig is a server one or something with no OS

yeah, it's a server :) their servers are better than their desktop IMO :)

note: dell uses low grade hardware

ie the hard drive would be made by some no name(wtf is a quatro)

Sentential said:
Plus its a real ***** to overclock a dell. By that rite alone its not worth the hassle

no Ocing for dell, period :), they use the intel board that has no OCing option, so it's a stock 2.8 P4 VS an Oc 3000+ A64, i think the A64 could pull out by a margin.

plus theres the fact tht most dell mobos don't have agp so you either get a pci video card or your stuck with integrated graphics

I wouldn't compare a system with Dell, they practically give their stuff away and rely on volume for profits.

I also, though, wouldn't bash them because they deliver a good product and support them really, really well. For my own computer, I'd rather build it as I will get better quality hardware, but for our work computers and for Joe Sixpack I recommend Dell all the time.

Incidentally, the 2000 and 3000 series Dell machines are the ones without AGP; the 4000 and 8000 series desktops have AGP or PCI-E, as well as SATA, firewire, etc.

Either way the system you have or will have soon is better. Dell is the cheap way for an upgrade to a system with someone that doesn't use the PC for much. But still wants one.

Back