• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer autoshuts down after load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corleonee

Disabled
I think my tempsensors give a too high rating
I got a prescott 3.0 ghz overclocked to 3.6 ghz at 1.5 vcore under load
it goes up to 75 celsius and autoshuts down is there a way to disable this
auto shutdown feature ?

Should be an option within your bios, and you can access it within boot.

If there is a windows temp monitoring application you are using then you need to let us know the name of the program and then configure its option. ;)

corleonee, 75C is pretty hot :mad: ( and probably the correct temp if you are using a prescott) . I am sure by now you have read all about the heat problems with prescotts.

I am sure that your chip is shutting you down as it is running to hot so why would you want to disable this thermal shutdown feature?

Are you cooling it with air? if so you might want to consider adding a duct to your case(see my signature)

My chip was hitting 60c at idle and over 70 under a load (not overclocked). I made this simple mod and now it is running at 42C at idle and low fifties under an extreme load .

These temps are with the chip overclocked to 3.59 and using the stock HSF so you can see that it does work.

Dave

ARG...I know what it is...It is a auto shut down feature in the bios like IMOG said. Because the bios wasnt prgrammed to adapt to different proccessors. so since the prescotts generate so much more heat it excedes its threshold and auto shuts down...Very irritating i know. If you have a good bios, this should be easy turning off. Judging by your OC you do :D. also you might want to think about artic silver 5 for heat desipation, and reseating your heats sink, because i have a 2.8 @ 3.5 with 1.53* volts and it never goes above 66C full load, and 47C idle on stock air with AS5. so check it out and good luck.

Back