• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer not waking from sleep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skycake

Registered
I recently updated my old build (C2D E6600, old MSI motherboard) to a Phenom II X4 970 and Asus M5A97 motherboard. The video card is an Asus brand 4870.

I didn't have any issues for a while, but several days ago the computer began refusing to wake from sleep. The computer will power back on, but the mouse/keyboard doesn't seem to get any power and the two monitors don't wake up. The CPU is overclocked to 4.0 GHz, but the problem started significantly after I overclocked it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?

:welcome: to a fellow Ohioan.

This may be better placed in the AMD motherboard section (I'll report to a mod to get it moved to you, no worries).

It's possible that it doesn't have enough voltage while it is trying to boot thus causing an issue, but I haven't used Asus since the socket 939 days so that advice may be out of date (or in an Intel view).

Back