• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Convince me to remove my IHS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok Tonight i tried to reinstall My IHS and no luck, i tried by just using AS5 and reinstalling it but AS5 wont be enough. anyway it wouldnt boot to windows because it kept overheating. I need something to glue the IHS back on, Will weatherstrip adhesive work?

liftedcj7on44s said:
ok Tonight i tried to reinstall My IHS and no luck, i tried by just using AS5 and reinstalling it but AS5 wont be enough. anyway it wouldnt boot to windows because it kept overheating. I need something to glue the IHS back on, Will weatherstrip adhesive work?
A drop of super glue in each corner has always worked for me.

Edit: Did your 165 run fine before at that voltage and overclock? I usually have to back off the oc a little bit when the ihs goes back on.

no i set everything in my bios back to stick before i put the IHS back on. now did you clean the old epoxy off the PCB or did you leave it there, ive already cleaned all of it off the IHS but i dont want to dig into the PCB

Back