• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Cooler Master CMStorm Ceres Headset Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

In school science class, you learn early on that sound travels through air (or similar medium that allows vibrations). Yet here I am, tasked with reviewing a headset that is as light as the air that the sound moves through. Is it possible to have good sound and for the headset to be tough enough to be used despite how wisp-light it is? Come inside to find out.

... Return to article to continue reading.

looks very comfortable, I miss out on that using old 70's cans
I much rather have better sound then comfort, so long as there wearable.

I take it these have better mids then highs? or does it have better highs ?
whats the sound stage like ?

The mids and highs are both great and clear. the only area i found these lacking in is the deeper bass response.

as for the soundstage, I would say it feels like you are front, maybe 2nd row at a concert. In the past, I tested a headset for overclockers that sounded like you were in the absolute center of the stage and could hear the instruments and placement as the members walked around stage. But with this headset, just imagine first couple of rows at a concert right in the middle.

The mids and highs are both great and clear. the only area i found these lacking in is the deeper bass response.

as for the soundstage, I would say it feels like you are front, maybe 2nd row at a concert. In the past, I tested a headset for overclockers that sounded like you were in the absolute center of the stage and could hear the instruments and placement as the members walked around stage. But with this headset, just imagine first couple of rows at a concert right in the middle.

finally someone reviewing gaming headsets who knows a good bit about headphone lingo. I :salute: you

thanks earthdog.

I do try my hardest. Anyone here on the audio subsection of the forums would tell you I am at best a 'noob' to the audio world. I am no audiophile. But I do appreciate good sound, and I approach every review as if it has to be the best one I've ever put out.

I truly believe that if I slack off, it will show in the review, and then people would question how a guy gets to review hardware and not give it 100%.

Back