• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling for Trident X and 3770k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benen

Hi all,
I'm having real trouble choosing a CPU cooler for my new system. I'm aiming for up to 4.5ghz to begin with. I love the look and space saving aspects of the H100 but there are so many complaints about reliability! I looked at the NH D14 but it doesn't clear G.Skill's Trident series RAM. I'm ready to order my system all except for my cooler. Please help!

Benen

Put my system together and I love the cooler. Couldn't fit the rad in as push/pull as it extended over the ram so I just put 2 cougar fans on to push instead of the stock ones. Leaves the case looking very clean and air has plenty of room to move. Louder than my last system but sooo much faster than the 920. Saying that, the louder case is a deep hum so it isn't annoying.
Ended up with 2 exhaust fans at the top of the case with the rad. An exhaust at the back and 2 intakes blowing over the hdd's at the front. I want to arrange it better to get a nice flow with a more positive pressure so I might put up a photo and ask advice.
2 of the exhaust fans are blowing through the radiator so I'm hoping that with only 2 intakes the pressure is still slightly positive.

Back