• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling pad for gaming notebook? :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomic888

Hi all,

I bought last month Dell XPS 17. I am playing a lot of games on it and I want the best cooling pad for it.
I dont have a budget limit so any would do.

I heard the Cooler Master SF-19 is the best but I don't believe it honestly because I think it doesn't cool so well but it only has lights and that crap. :)

I dont care about the look I just want the best airflow.

Thanks in advance :)

Cooling pads don't really do too much IMO. I'd just put the laptop on something sparse to raise it from whatever it's sitting on.

If you're ambitious, take the laptop apart, repaste the sink and clean it of any dust. Laptop heatsinks always get clogged with dust and render the cooling system completely defunct until it's cleaned.

If the laptop's working fine (ie, it gets hot but doesn't shut down/throttle) then don't worry about it. Your computer won't break.

The batter of my laptop raises the laptop automatically because it pops out which is great. Also my laptop is seated on wood which also a plus.
But I feel of getting a cooling pad, a good one! :D

Check out the ones from Zalman. I have one for my dell studio xps 16, and it made it soo much cooler. everything ran cooler, and the keyboard and whatnot were a lot cooler after gaming for an extended period.

Back