• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beginner73

Registered
So i wanted to overclock my E3200 but when i saw temp of the processor and graph. card i was shocked,92C without doing anything
So i was wondering how to solve this,is it better to buy new cpu cooler(i have stock one) or should i buy new ventilators for whole PC(One on the front,and 2 behind),also if u can give me directiones how to overclock it cuz as my name says im new to all of this

10 to 1 your thermal paste is shot. Before we go to far can you list your full system specs like this,

Mobo - z97 SOC force
Cpu - i5 4690k
Cooling - stock cooler
Gpu - gtx 960
Ram - 4x4gb trident X
Psu - EVGA 750 g2
Hard drive - WD 1tb blue

This will help us better understand what you are working with and how to proceed.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and if you can include what you have for case fans and how they are flowing air that will help as well. Such as,

2 x 120mm front intake
1 x 140mm top exhaust
1 x 120mm rear exhaust

Sure i can
Specs are pretty low,but at this moment i cant afford any better
mobo-asrock g41-ms
cpu-intel celeron e3200
gpu-ati radeon hd 4350
ram-2x2gb ddr2
psu- gt-atx 500w
hard d.-wd3200AAJS(320gb)

Case is random,and i rlly dont know the name and there is just one vent. on the back 80mm

Ok a few more questions.

What are you using to read the temps on your system?

The 92c you are referring to is that on the gpu or cpu?

If you leave the side of the case off do the temperatures improve?

Have you checked the heatsink on the cpu and gpu for a buildup of dust that will inhibit airflow?

When was the last time the TIM was changed on the cpu and gpu?

so i changed termal paste,and temp of the cpu went down for like 35C,now i need to solve GPU oveheating,is termalpaste problem aswell?

Very well could be if the system has been together for years especially since the cpu needed redone.

Thanks man,Can u tell me how can i overclock it?

Sorry I'm not really familiar with the older hardware. Let me see if I can ping one of the other guys that is familiar with this equipment to help you out. You might get better results if you start a thread in the Intel section of the cpu forum specifically about overclocking this cpu.

Back