• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tikithorsen

The Blademaster in my 212 is on PWM and a Zalman ZM-F3 (with the low noise adapter) as the back exhaust, two of the Cooler Master R4-S2S-12AK-GP on the top as exhausts, the other two on the HDD cage, the stock fan of the case as the bottom intake with the stock front intakes. Also, two Lian Li CF-1210R on the side panel as intakes.

¿Is this setup/config decent enough or should I change something? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• user134203_pic3318_1351389090.jpg
    user134203_pic3318_1351389090.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 189
That looks good.

I would try with one side panel fan only and with no side panel fan at all, as they can create turbulence in the front to back flow.

You must check your GPU temps though, as they will certainly be impacted as you reduce/remove the side panel intake.

I always had the bottom side panel intake for the GPU.
The top one I install it for the VRM and the NB, but it probably does not help at all since it blows right into the airflow of the 212 to the back exhaust, as you mentioned.
Thanks for the reply.

Both manu2b and tikithorsen gave good suggestions.

I've found most case's feet are too short to allow good airflow to bottom fans. My solution is to use casters or a open base with casters on it to set case on.

that looks ok.

if you want to drop the temperature a little more, you can try to get a stronger fan for your cooler. :)

Back