• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling solution in a SG09

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

White Runner

I can't decide what to cool my cpu with in a Silverstone Sugo SG09; Corsair H80, Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BL 140mm UFB or something that I haven't used/seen/heard of?

PC Specs are as follows.

Case = Silverstone Sugo SG09
CPU = 3570K
RAM = Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600
Mobo = Asrock Extreme4 -M (mAtx)
PSU = OCZ ZT 750
GPU = Sapphire 7870 Flex
Drives = 1 x SSD & 1 x HDD
ODD = External

Any suggestions on other heatsinks? Will the Phanteks hsf fit? Specs say it will but I haven't seen anyone put anything bigger in a SG09 than a H80 or Noctua...

Any thoughts? I'm thinking of putting the phanteks on my main rig in this mAtx build to see if it fits; would love a H80 but I feel like the phantek cooler is quieter and cools better...

H80 will present some problems when mounting it if you're using push-pull...I'd go with a good tower cooler.
I'll be getting this case soon, hopefully...how do you like it so far?

I'm still on the stock intel hsf, but was able to oc the 3570K to 4Ghz on stock voltage so I really haven't been motivated to upgrade the heatsink... I'm still looking at cramming a Phanteks cooler in there, I have one on my main rig and love it; I just dont know if I can get the big one in there or if I have to go with the one that is flipped on its side.

The case is actually really nice; great airflow, temps stay around 60c on cpu/gpu during gaming sessions. What really sold me on it was the size though; not to big to carry around and not to small to have cooling issues.

It's really nice indeed...I wanna switch my cm 690 for one of those, so I can join the matx club here xD
You can fit whichever air cooler you like, max height is 165mm, enough for the big phanteks, Silver Arrows, nh-d14's, whatever.
No need for those really, unless you can't get an hr-02 macho cheap.

I just really like the big blue heatsink by Phanteks, but I'll check out that heatsink you posted...

I didn't finish my pics last night... hopefully in the next few days I'll get it posted on the matx thread... here's two pics I happened to have on my phone...

Attachments

• pc1 (Large).JPG
    pc1 (Large).JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,795
  • photo2 (Large).JPG
    photo2 (Large).JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 979
I did the sleeving; picked up a bunch off eBay, I believe from furrykits but I'd have to double check... Originally this PSU was in a mid tower when it got sleeved, so having so much cable wasn't bad; but now I'm looking for a replacement set of modular cables so I can cut them down to size and sleeve; there isn't a whole lot of room to hide long cables.

They want you to buy their strider modular psu's like anandtech's review said...xD

And I don't trust AIO's, much rather have a quiet and nice air cooler there. It fits a silver arrow easily...

Yeah, I read that review but already had the PSU... I'd rather sleeve a new set of cables though instead of cutting the existing cables and resleeving those...

And I'm still leaning more towards an air cooler... I had a H80 and it worked fine, but I just prefer the look of a big piece of metal w/ some fans strapped to it.

Back