• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Cooling] Stock HSF + AS5 good for a locked 2500+ to 3200+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

llivinglarge

Registered
If not, what's the best bang for buck solution? Cheap as possible please.

Last edited:
stock heatsink will probly do the job. my 2800 i got to 2250Mhz with stock cooling. just got to try it and see how it does. make sure you got good air flow to.

Welcome To The Forum !

depends what all you are going to be doing, the stock fan is good, but you can easily drop 8-10 C just by getting a good HS/F

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

I have had surprisingly good results using a stock sink (preferably the ones with the thin fins and the copper slug) that has been modded with a 60-80mm fan adaptor and a mid-grade fan...no need to go nuts with a Tornado.
My sister's PC, with a Barton 2600 running stock, idles at 35-37c and stays under 45c at load.
Not bad for a minimal investment.

If it can run stable with the stock sink in summer weather, I wouldn't worry about it. If you got a better sink you might be able to squeeze even more speed out though, always nice.

If you can still find one the Vantec Aeroflow 1 is a very good heatsink/fan for the money.

If you have reasonable airflow you can do it on stock.
But if you want good value HS.
Thermalright ALX800 cheapest and the SLK900 rocks

Back