• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corrupted BIOS - virus?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just a nickname

Hi,

Here is how I test my bios:
I shut down the computer. I press the power button and hold it until the computer shut down again. I press on the power button.
The BIOS ALWAYS come as corrupted!

It will "update" the bios by flashing it back to the default which is the F7 for the gigabyte z77x-ud3h.

If after the "update" I decide to repeat the steps above to check if the BIOS is correct, it will come as corrupted AGAIN!
I did the test with everything unplugged (Usb, internet, sata, etc. Beside the monitor).

How is that happening? No overclock or anything that could cause the corruption beside the board itself...

I should add that I had boot loop and was unable to edit my Bios before I ran the Bios corruption test. The "re-flash" seemed to fix it but didn't answer me why it happened in the first place.
Gigabyte support is useless and never helped. Not even to tell me the cause of corruption.

Rig:
i7-2600k, z77x-ud3h, samsung 8gb were running at 1600mhz, 750w corsair, no video card.
i7-2600k was overclocked to 5ghz but used at 4.2ghz most of the time. Now all running stock due to all the flashing.

I had my M_BIOS go corrupt and I never used the board. It proceeded to load the B-BIOS after that it booted fine. Have you tried manually updating your BIOS?

Back