• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair A70

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

South_paw

Registered
Considering picking up this cooler for an AM3 board, but it looks like it can't be installed where the air flow points toward the back of the case (exhaust). Am I missing something? I don't see much if any mention on this site, maybe that's why? Maybe best to stick w/ the hyper 212+

Welcome to the Forums!

I looked into it and it can be installed to face the rear of the case. I think the biggest issue will be if your ram slots are far enough away from the cooler to install the ram. Otherwise you will have to remove a fan.

In terms of A70 vs Hyper 212+, I'd say the A70 is probably slightly better. You do get an extra fan, which is a bonus. However, the big deal behind the Hyper 212+ is it regularly goes on sale from $10-$20 AR and with the performance being pretty good, it is hard to beat at that price. With the current prices of $35 and $27 it is a toss up.

Thx for the replies. Based on this short video, it doesn't seem like it can be installed to blow towards the back.

Hi,

I have one myself.
I have it installed on a Asus crosshair IV....

It for me can only be installed with the "intake" fan at the bottom - facing down the board and the "exhaust" fan facing up - towards the top of the board - works fine with my set up , using to exhaust fans on top of case.

However be careful when it comes to the ram. which ever way its fitted you need ram with small/no heat sinks

Looking at the pic of your board and the install guide, I don't see a problem mounting it with the fans facing the back side. The mount pattern is the same on your board as the board in the install pic and it should mount in an east-west direction, with the fans facing the back side of the case and next to the ram.

Thanks for the replies guys. I really wanted to go with the A70 due to the thicker heat pipes but didn't feel like dealing with the potential issues. I went with the hyper 212+. Its mounting system for amd is much more solid and straight forward, especially for east-west usage.

Back