• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Corsair Launches Darkstar Wireless Gaming Mouse with 26,000 DPI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Corsair.jpg
Corsair has just launched the Darkstar Wireless Gaming Mouse. The Darkstar is a highly customizable wireless mouse that features 15 programmable buttons and Bluetooth connectivity. Precision is accomplished with Corsair's MARKSMAN 26,000 DPI optical sensor and 2,000 Hz hyper-polling. You can get your own Darkstar Wireless Gaming Mouse directly from Corsair for $169.99. Below is Corsair's official press release.
Click here to read more!

I wish they refreshed the Scimitar mouse or made it wireless. I have a hard time finding anything better, as there are literally 3-4 mice on the market with so many programmable buttons. I moved from Scimitar because of some repeatable issues (I had 3 of them, and each one had problems with the wheel after ~2 years of work). I already see that I won't like the Darkstar as there are too few buttons on the side, and their placement would be annoying for me. There are 15 buttons, but 6 are on top with DPI/RGB/wheel and regular left/right, so really usable are maybe 3, and since I have quite large hands, then 3-4 back buttons would be uncomfortable to use for longer, The Scimitar mouse has 12 buttons under a thumb.
I don't get why there is a need for 26k DPI. Great that it has such a good sensor, but what's the point? At least for everything I do, I'm not using more than 4k DPI. Most gaming mice have up to 6-8k DPI, and I haven't seen anyone complaining about it.

I feel like many new products are designed by people who don't even use them daily. The same with PC cases, motherboard layouts, or other devices. More often, I ask myself what people design all these new gaming products. Of course, the most important is that the product has RGB.

I don't get why there is a need for 26k DPI.
You don't have to... it's just a bigger number, and you need to buy it over less. :sly::screwy::rofl::rofl:

As an FPS gamer, I'm lucky not to need a calculator on the side of my mouse to have enough buttons. The three on the side plus the web wheel (scroll, L/R, and push) and the two on top (DPI and the other I customed a bind) work out great. However, I can see the need for other genres.

This is overkill for me, but somehow, I like it (and DPI has nothing to do with it). Also worth noting, it has 15 programmable buttons... the Scimitar has 17.

EDIT: FYI, this is a $169.99 mouse............. wow!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I have keyboard keys under 12 mouse buttons, so I'm using my left hand almost only for general movement. Sometimes I'm adding macros, depending on the game. Without it, I couldn't play when I broke a finger and later after a surgery. I could still use 2-3 fingers from my left hand for w/s/a/d movement and all the combos have signed to mouse. Diablo 4 is even easier as I can play almost only with one hand as movement is with mouse too.

The Darkstar mouse in general looks pretty good and my comments are mainly about my preferences. I just wish they designed something that is missing on the market and gamers could really use, like a refreshed Scimitar mouse. The same did Logitech. They removed their MMO mice from the offer, and added 6-7 button options with higher DPI and other things which are not really important.

Btw. I'm using Razer Naga right now. After the 3rd Scimitar, I wanted to check something else and it was the only other option available in stores. So far it works without problems, we will see how long ;)

Was using the Asus mouse (Gladius II), but both failed in a short time (2x over 3 years) so I tried the EVGA X17 and it's been solid so far for my needs. :)

Back