• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Link acting weird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I recently put the original Corsair fans on my 1st gen H100i to better match the case. The fans are acting really strange though. The fans are constantly revving up, then down every few seconds and it's really annoying. I have my Link profile set to Performance. It used to just run full speed all the time on Performance, not anymore. I've tried downloading older versions of Corsair Link, but it didn't change anything. I have no idea what else to do. Anyone have an idea?

Is it at a temperature point where its tripping raising speeds?
What type of fans are they (pwm/voltage?) and does corsair control both?
The old fans work properly, right?

The radiator is sitting around 21.3 c, Fan 1 and 2 are running between 1700-2400 RPM. CPU temps are ranging from 28 c to 65 c. You know how the 7700k temps fluctuate so much for no damn reason. The fans are PWM and plugged right into the pump. Yes, Corsair does control both, or atleast is supposed to. As far as I remember, but they're those ugly ****e looking Noctua's.

I mean all cpus can blip temps 20-30c just doing menial things... pretty normal on that front.

I dont recal if there is a hysterisis setting but that can help as well if its only blips.

Have you tried making a custom profile or adjusting the performance profile?

Sorry for the vague advice.. I havent used it in a while and dint have it now.

I fixed it, I think. Downloaded and read the manual. I just clicked on all fans and set them run at 100% if the cpu temps went over 25 c, which is basically all the time. So far so good. Loud as hell but I can always disable it at bedtime.

I like my temps to be as cool as possible. I do have another question though. Will a low CPU voltage with an OC affect a GPU's OC stability?

I had thought I heard that Corsair Link had been revamped (better). I recall that particular bit of software not having the finest reputation for execution of commands or stability.

I like my temps to be as cool as possible. I do have another question though. Will a low CPU voltage with an OC affect a GPU's OC stability?
You likely dont need to... but ok. :)

Your second question...yes and no. Not directly. However if you cpu isnt stable and its crashing, it makes finding a stable GPU overclock difficult. But if your voltage is low but the OC stable...it will be fine.

I had thought I heard that Corsair Link had been revamped (better). I recall that particular bit of software not having the finest reputation for execution of commands or stability.
Is there a first wife joke in here?? :rofl:

Well, I had my 7700k stable at 5.0 and a 1.28 vcore for a long time but could never OC my gpu much. Figured it was just bad luck with the silicon lottery. Now I'm wondering if the cpu wasn't getting enough juice all this time and thus making the gpu OC unstable. I'm not getting any blue screens or total lockups but I do get short lockups and weird artifacts. I'm up to 1.32 vcore now so we'll see what happens. I passed a couple realbench benchmarks so...

Now I'm wondering if the cpu wasn't getting enough juice all this time and thus making the gpu OC unstable.
It really doesn't work that way. A CPU won't prevent a GPU from overclocking. There isn't a direct relationship.

So it is a bumb card? Good I'm getting that 2080 soon. I don't think I'm going Asus this time. Think I'll go with the MSI Gaming X Trio. Hope it has enough clearance to vertically mount it in my new case.

Any reason why you don't use the newer iCue Corsair software instead of Link?
Link is kind of clunky and iCue is actually a better interface.

I didn't know ICUE worked for older Corsair products. This Corsair AIO is like 5-6 yrs old. It doesn't show up in ICUE.

I don't think this one works with ICUE. My keyboard and headset works with it, but it doesn't even see the cooler.

Ugh Corsair products. Nothing of Corsair I've own ever worked right and don't get me started about their "wonderful" tech support.

Back