• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CORSAIR Opens Port to ex-EKWB Top Management

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
I'm in a loss for words and had no idea this was all going on behind the scenes. Very shocked.

I can confirm that Niko and I joined CORSAIR team and look forward to the upcoming challenges. I cannot comment on our future activities at this moment but will gladly disclose them to TechPowerUp! readers next year. Happy Holidays, stay cool everyone! -Mark Tanko EK's Ex-CEO

Source

I'm not sure how much of EK's quality falls in the hands of Niko, but I'm liking the possibilities here. The recent Corsair AIO's have been the best they've been and with these additions I would venture to guess they will only get better.

As far as EKWB goes I would think this to be a devastating blow, again depending on how much Mark and Niko played a roll on EK's actual products. Either way it's something that we need to keep a close eye on.

Well this is a surprise. I was expecting them to join with XSPC or Alphacool. Joining forces with Corsair is devastating to say to least to EK's company. I'm sure evryone here knows I'm not a fan of Corsair nor to I promote their products, but I do wish them much luck and success in their future endeavours with Corsair.

sounds like corsair will be joining the custom wcing community in a big way. more competition is always good. i look forward to seeing what Niko does with the corsair line up. if they price their wcing gear like they do everything else ill be passin lol. being that ek has been among the best of the best i cant imagine they will suffer much from the losses. they have brand recognition like they said in the article so i think they will be fine. edvard königits is still the owner afterall and they arent a small player in the wcing community anymore. not often that we get to speculate as to what will come!

One video that kinda amazed me by Corsair was this one from Computex 2017. Now add the future custom cooling line up to this, of course with the expertise of the former EK guy's to the Corsair team and yeah, it could be one ridiculous setup. I'm drooling already thinking about it.

Corsair Press Release (5-30-17)

Back