• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair SSD Force GS die?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

hi all,

I got a Corsair ssd force GS 240GB for less than 6 months and die? The performace is impressive but the reliabity is sucks. All of the sudden Windows 7 failed to start and ask me to insert a cd/dvd to start windows. I did insert windows 7 and click on windows repair, a message come up saying that is not available. Well, I try to do a clean install but that is not allow because it is showing I got only 7mb left. Which is not correct. The ssd still has over 48GB left when everything was working.

Anyway, I decided to pulled the ssd and erase all the data on the portable blac X usb dock on my 2nd computer. I formatted the ssd and to my surprised, it is now showing only 99.9MB. It should be showing 240gb.

Now, the question is how do I get a warranty replacement. I am gonna order a new ssd drive soon. But I will not buy this force GS Model again. Good thing is I did a system backup about a month ago, so that I can do a system recovery to a new ssd .:bang head

Even the best products with the lowest return rates have bad apples in them. I wouldnt crucify anything over a single happening.

Anyway, RMA it with Corsair. Simple.

Alright. Maybe I got a bad one. I gonna try another with 360gb instead 240gb.

I have a question for you. You might know the answer to this. If I decide to run a raid 0 setup (2 ssd) will I need to install rst driver (F6 driver)? in order to run a raid setup? My system is a 3930K with Asus P9x79 Pro mbo or the driver is already on my mbo?

I do not believe so, no. That said unless you need the raid0 setup, I wouldn't do it. Boot times will be similar, game loads faster. Unless you frequently deal with large file transfers/manipulation, I wouldnt do it.

contact Corsair they have a process for resetting the SSD which works about 90% of the time. As always I'd contact support before spouting off about a product. But as ED said there are always some that can fail early. Dont google reseting it contact them directly they will assist you in determining if it is in need or resetting or replacing.

Back