• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cougar Cf-V12 Vs Noctua iPPC NF-F12 2000PWM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LuckyNumb3r13

Registered
So guys I'm in need of a bit of insight. I recently just did a new build and added in an H100i GTX with two additional SP120 performance edition fans from corsair to configure the cooler for push/pull. I soon noticed i did not like the near jet engine noise they produced, so i switched all four to the cougar cf-v12's and am very pleased with the noise level. The only flaw i have encountered with these fans is when you dial them down to a lower rpm (NZXT Sentry 3 fan controller) they produce a very high frequency noise.

I have come across a good deal on a few Noctua iPPC NF-F12 2000PWM fan's but I'm having trouble justifying the replacement. They will be louder at 100% but if i dial them down i assume there wont be any high frequencies and they will run at a much quieter noise level but still having the option to crank them out on full blast during high cpu load.

Soo basically i was wondering if any one on this forum is using these new noctua's and if switching is really worth the extra $$.

Side note, the noctua's have a much higher static pressure (3.94 VS cougars 2.2).

Current Build
Fan layout.jpg

Attachments

• Fan layout.jpg
    Fan layout.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 206
Back