• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could u cut up a peilter to put on vid card mem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no it wasn't solidworks, it is autodesk inventor 7
i have the solidworks student edition (my prize for getting second in the state in the VICA drafting competition :) )
but i havent had time to learn it yet

well i think it is just fragile b/c they aren't meant to be opened after assembly.
it might have been how i opened it (heavy end of large screwdriver) that caused it to be so fragile

and i would like to see what you come up with

Thnx, ~Magick_Man~

People have tried watercooling RAM, and even directly cooling it down to sub-zero temperatures. The gains really aren't worth the effort apparantly, and I think that this idea would be very hard to implement.

You would need to have some serious insulation going on on the video card to prevent a quick death from condesation (RAM chips produce very little heat, so the RAM chips would probably get pretty cold), as well as some very hefty cooling for the peltier's hot side(s). A few 60mm fans and aluminum heatsinks won't be enough, I'm afraid.

Many people who peltier-cool their graphics cards notice something really neat. Their RAM overclock goes up a very small amount, as a result of the peltier on their GPU cooling their entire card's PCB to some extent. If you take a good Promethia, or a Dry-Ice cannister, and hook it up to a video card's GPU, you will get the same effect, but tenfold. The people who use Extreme cooling on their video card GPUs often have RAM chips that are cold to the touch. The guys who use Extreme cooling on their video card GPUs see small gains to their RAM overclocks, they don't see gargantuan gains.

What I'm trying to say really is that a cooling setup specifically for your video card RAM is a waste of time, money, and effort. You will see no more than a 30 MHz gain on your RAM overclock, even with tremendous overvolts.

ok well damn yeah Magick Man when i get the time i will draw up what i was thinking....as right now i have 2 weeks to do a 35 page paper 4 school....(MAN I HATE SCHOOL!) so time is kinda short and i'm "pretty" new to SolidWorks so it takes me some time to get things right....so if/when i do it i will post it ASAP.

i got a newsletter from www.eureca.de yesterday, which i think might be interesting for you. it says that they reduced the prices of the folowing TECs, cause they have to clear their store (dont know if thats the right term, but i hope you get what i mean)

TEC1M-12-13-12/77-B, 12.3W, 77K, 8.5V, 2.2A, 12mm x 13mm
TEC1M-12-26-21/77-B, 20.6W, 77K, 14.3V, 2.2A, 12mm x 26mm
TEC1S-10-10-4.0/79-B, 4.0W, 79K, 1,0V, 6.4A, 10mm x 10mm
TEC1S-15-15-9.9/79-B, 9.9W, 79K, 2.3V, 6.5A, 15mm x 15mm
TEC1S-22-22-13/81-B, 12.5W, 81K, 2.3V, 8.0A, 22mm x 22mm
TEC1S-30-30-23/81-B, 23.0W, 81K, 4.3V, 8.0A, 30mm x 30mm
TEC1S-30-30-41/79-B, 41.0W, 79K, 9.6V, 6.5A, 30mm x 30mm
TEC1S-40-40-74/78-B, 73.6W, 78K, 4.3V, 25.9A, 40mm x 40mm

if you are interrested in prices or further information drop them a mail.

Back