• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Course\program to learn Excel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

I'm going to have some time off from work where I'm going to be home with nothing to do, and am interested in learning Excel in more detail than I currently know. My knowledge right now is pretty basic, formatting cells and simple formulas. I want to be able to get into the more advanced stuff, pivot tables, macros, etc... Ideally I'd like something free or cheap, that I can just download that will come with the data and examples and whatnot. Anybody know of anything such a that?

MS offers a ton of free training material for the MS Office suite. I'd start there to get your feet wet.

After that; there are sites like Ozgrid where you can get some more training as well.

The quickest/simplest way to learn macros is to use the built-in macro recorder... Just start the recorder and work on your spreadsheet doing what you want the macro to do... the steps will be recorded and you can then go into the VBA editor to look at the code. Once you have the basics down; you can then go in and edit the generated code for efficiency and cleanliness.

Thanks for those links. It looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. That should keep me occupied for a few weeks while I'm at home with nothing to do :)

Back