• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpu cooler for over clocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
[/Ah that's what you meant, I'm going to use these ,only 8 gigs two slots would that still be alright would that get in the way? I might get a lower profile ram stick then if its going to bother the 212+.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231311
QUOTE]
Yea it would be fine. If you have clearance issues with the 1st slot, then just put the RAM in slots 2 and 4 and you'll be fine!

I have mine in 1 and 3, but I barely have a clearance issue!

Yes, thats why i said if price wasnt an issue. But it performs better than most water cooled systems.

Umm, wayyy wrong there. This is a pretty typical custom WC setup. You think it cools better? The ones in that price range is junk. Only reason I'm posting this is you hurt my E-Peen......

Price wasn't an issue.....
IMG_0876.jpg

Last edited:
Who was talking to you? Especially about some custom wc setup or price being an issue to you. And yes the Aegir cools better than most water cooled systems. I am not talking about custom wc setups either, i mean kits such as the H100.

Who was talking to you? Especially about some custom wc setup or price being an issue to you. And yes the Aegir cools better than most water cooled systems. I am not talking about custom wc setups either, i mean kits such as the H100.

Ahh, okay. Better. I'm a forum member, so yes, you were talking to me and the 20,000 members.

All good, the custom/premade difference was made. Back to your normal programming.:popcorn:

Yea, once your 54 and life lets you plays with hobbies, it's what we do. And you know I only posted to prove a point and I can, it's my 'Precious'. Real WC isn't that teeny premade stuff. It's a hobby, like railroads in the basement.

In fact, doing a new rig this fall and going to try air cooling since I'm not a uber power user anymore and have slowed down on gaming a lot. Even Mass Effect 3 lost me 1/2 way through. Sad eh?

I posted it to make sure the OP knew the diff.

I like that, its nice! Was thinking about doing something similar but only with
2x dual 120mm rads.. only one gpu as well. Was thinkin about pump -> rad -> cpu -> rad -> gpu -> ?

I like that, its nice! Was thinking about doing something similar but only with
2x dual 120mm rads.. only one gpu as well. Was thinkin about pump -> rad -> cpu -> rad -> gpu -> ?

Sure, hang out in the WC section, read lots, dig deep into the stickies, looks like you have begun already.

Umm you forgot the res. Most important. No need to seperate the rads for temp issues, water has interesting physics properties. Back to the stickies!:thup:

Sure, hang out in the WC section, read lots, dig deep into the stickies, looks like you have begun already.

Umm you forgot the res. Most important. No need to seperate the rads for temp issues, water has interesting physics properties. Back to the stickies!:thup:

I didn't forget it, just figured it was a given.

So 2 rads wouldnt cool it any better?

Also, if I just went with 1 rad, is it better to go to the cpu first or gpu?

No, more rad is better, it's not that you have two rads, you have 120x4 raddage (I coined that word a few years ago). Water has some interesting heat properties. No need to put rad in a special place. Total raddage is what matters.

Think about it.... Physics. Where would the coolest water be? After the rad or after the CPU or GPU? The CPU is more sensitive to temps than a GPU right? That said, the water temp in a loop is little diff from the hottest to the coolest, in extreme 3 GPU/1 CPU loops it's no more than 3C different from hottest to coldest. It's the way water works. Maybe Dt temps is something you should read up on, in the WC stickies.

You can learn about it with a few days of learning. No need to explain it when it's already there in the 'Internets'.

A deep primer. A primer, more elsewhere to learn in the WC forum.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6489396&postcount=3

Last edited:
Thanks. Yeah I just read most of those stickies. Great info. I understand that it wont cool it any different but just the way my case or system is setup it will just work better in that series per say.

Yep, then your set. Many don't get it and each post has possible misconceptions. We have to cover all the bases to make sure folks know the facts.

No worries. Most? Good start. I'm a old retired Air Force electronic instructor. Every bit of knowledge kept the planes flying and the pilots from dying. In my blood I guess.

This thread was hijacked so long ago.. oops.

Yeah I read through them all already. I now have a better plan of what I am going to do. But it will be a future project. I am currently unemployed so it'll have to wait awhile!

Back