• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu cooling air vs water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roadrunner999

Registered
what is actually the better bang for buck>corsair h80 vs silenx Effizio EFZ-120HA4 ??? i have an amd 970 want to overclk to 4.0ghz.i do plenty of autocad work and need sumthing to keep cool my upped in performance of my cpu!!

In stock form the H80 would be the better performer... unless you strapped two nice fans to the silenX. You will need to buy fans for it anyway. Decent fans and you're looking at an additional $30. Price wise the silenx winds up being cheaper, but not by much. Performance wise they will be fairly equal... if you add decent fans that is.

yea well i got 3 silenx 120mm green fans in my case and plus the heat sink comes wid one also so. for 40 bucks u cant go wrong.

If you're using the stock fan only, then you will definitely not get as good of performance as the H80.

i got 3 Silenx IXP7414G iXtrema Pro LED Fan - 120mm, 14dBA, 72CFM, Green fans so i can always drop one on dat cpu cooler.

I'd run Push/Pull to get the best performance and close to the H80

yea push pull.compare to the h80 the linus tech tips guy said dat water take a while to transfer heat dan air.

Water is better at regulating/maintaining temperatures. Your air cooler will utilize a form phase change cooling. Liquid in the heatpipes to draw heat up into the fin area. It's not just an air cooler anymore

Back