• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ConsoleMoDs

Registered
Good Day everyone :D

Little help if any One can,,

Using and 8700K with and Aorus Gaming 7 " 3000Mhz Ram XMP

Trying to Overclock to 5Ghz (Using H100i v2 Rad)

Also delid the CPU "Liquid Ultra"

Before Delid 4.7Ghz Temp 83 to 90

After Delid 60 to 75c with 240 RAD

Trying to Hit 4.9Ghz or 5Ghz

Using this Guide, https://overclocking.guide/gigabyte-z370-overclocking-coffee-lake/

did everything the same even push my Voltage to 1.35v

temp reach to 85 to 90c Blue Screen or freeze always

Tested with Prime 95 85c - 90c Blue Screen or Freeze Blender "CPU Freeze or Blue Screen" Aida64 70 - 80c Intel Extreme tuning 60 - 75C

20180514_145115.jpg
32327690_644535725896452_2790030581050638336_n.jpg

So am wondering could it be the 240 RAD that cant cool the CPU or is it something else, at 4.7Ghz everything work Ok

Upper that Nothing will work

Power Supply Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro

Added 6 SP120 Fan

tested with 1500RPM end 2500RPM SPFAN no change

Push end Push Pull

Any Idea that can Help any suggestion will be Nice ... thanks

Did you create an AVX offset in bios yet? Lots of people will have a difficult time passing Prime95 stress testing with newer releases of Prime95 at the overclock level you are shooting for. The newer versions of Prime95 contain AVX 2 and AVX2 instruction sets that cause the CPU to heat up tremendously. Try an AVX offset of 2. Also, download and install an earlier version of Prime95 that does not use AVX, such as P95 26.6.

Can you pass XTU and AIDA64 with your current settings?

Last edited:
Aida64 pass end XTU pass but testing blender CPU freezes or blue screen always
always

So try the AVX offset as I suggested or use the earlier version of Prime95. AVX instructions are not commonly found in software anyway. Mostly you find it in specialty scientific apps. With the offset in place the CPU will downclock a little so as to be able to handle AVX software instructions in a stable manner. So with an offset of 2 the CPU would, for instance, downclock from 50x to 48x.

also using prime95 v29.4 build 8 temp shot up very fast..

- - - Updated - - -

or could it be the Thermal Paste ?? even if i dont hit 5Ghz at least 4.9Ghz

Ever since v. 26.6 P95 has had AVX instruction testing.

- - - Updated - - -

How much temp drop did you get from delidding? Typically, people see 10-20c improvement when using liquid metal under the lid.

before delid with only multi-core enabled for 4.7ghz all core 83 to 90c
after delid 60 to 75c

So the delid did the job. You have not commented on my suggestions. You seem reluctant.

Am trying with the version or prime95 26.6
my temp are static 82 83c a 4.9ghz 1.3v
all keep test going for a while to see if i hit blue screen or not,
did hit blue screen on 1.28v 1.29v
Untitled.jpg

have to forgive me am very new to this everything you said i had to read up on it,,
Am green as they come wend it come to overclocking learning but slow :D
dont wanna break my CPU :D

Temp sames to have gotten stable 80 to 83c
4.9ghz going strong for now 17min
no blue screen. No avx fix in bios

Untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aida64 pass end XTU pass but testing blender CPU freezes or blue screen always
always

P95 Blend tests more of the memory than anything (it still tests the cpu)....but you shouldnt have any issues at 3000 mhz. If you want to see if memory is the issue, remove the xmp profile and test with the same overclock. What is xmp setting vccSA (system agent voltage)? Perhaps that cen be lowered and save a couple degrees.

I dont have any issues running p95 with no avx offset at 5ghz on a non delidded cpu and corsair h110. But see if an offset is helpful in your case. :)

Edit: what is your ambient temperature? I see in your last screen shot your MINIMUM is 40c+. With a typical ambient around 22c, id expect to see you around 30C give or take a few.

Last edited:
Well I was Able to reach 4.9Ghz
At 1.3v Temp 43c Ide Overload 100% 75 to 78c never goes pass
Using Push Pull on the RAD
Cinebench R15 hit a good 1518cb
No Offset Fix on the bios

I did try 5Ghz Temp Goes up all the way to 85 to 90C blue screen tested with 1.32v to 1.36v always blue screen
think maybe need a better cooler maybe a 280 RAD for that temperature Maybe not shore
But Am happy at 4.9Ghz its a descent overclock :D
have to give thanks to "trents" for the help

cinebench.jpg

You are most welcome.

A 280 rad gives you only 15% more surface area than a 240 rad. If you have room, go with a 360 rad.

Oh yes, please go into Settings (top right corner of any forum page where your user ID is) and create a Signature. That way your components list will travel with every post you make. You can refer to mine if you want guidance as to what to include, or any of the other regular participants for that matter.

gets a quick tip witch AIO coller will be best to that good 5ghz model you recommend.

was thinking about the
Corsair Hydro Series, H150i 360RAD

I think my corsair graphite 780t case can take a 360rad it has the opening for 3 fan on top

The Corsair H150i is an excellent choice if you are talking about All in One prebuilt water cooling systems as opposed to custom built loops. Yes, your case will take a 360 rad and if both the AIO cooler and the case are made by the same company there is less chance there will be problems with the fit.

3H 30min with Prime95 At 4.9Ghz
All Stable no blue screen temp at 80 to 82c
All works fine :D

Corsair Link Fan Balance 1560Rpm Pump Set to quiet MOD

4.9GHz 3H.jpg

Back