• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FX7026

Registered
Just wondering the most accurate way to measure my CPU temps.........I have the AI Suite II that came with the board but I have read a lot of forums saying to use coretemp and realtemp because they are the most accurate......and my real question is how do they KNOW that they are more accurate......how have they backed that up????? Please keep in mind that I am new to the whole overclocking scene.

What cpu are you referring to on what mobo? In the AMD CPU Forum section we use Free HWMonitor so we are all on the same page and not have to learn how far some other monitoring program is off.
RGone...

I have the FX-8350 on the ASUS Crosshair V Forumal-Z mobo :)

I have used the AI Suite II and CoreTemp side by side and AI Suite shows idle temp of 35°c and 47°c under load while CoreTemp was showing an idle temp of 17°c and 36°c under load........why such a big differnce???? Wouldn't both programs be pulling the information from the same place on the CPU/mobo????

Ok, I have that one downloaded too.....that "package" listed under CPU temp....is that an average across all of the cores??? Can you not view each individual core temp on HWMonitor????

Oops *Formula-Z

HWMonitor free has a temp for what is often called CPU or Socket temp.,

HWMonitor free also has a core now Package temp that is the temp of the cores inside the cpu.

Both temps are valuable to know. Package/core temp is useless on any AMD FX processor until about 40c since AMD takes no pains to calibrate temps until at least 40c on the package temp is reached.

In this AMD Cpu Forum section if is considered that 70c is max for the cpu/socket temp and 62c as max for package/core temp. About it.
RGone...

Ok thank you RGone for the info!!!! I really appreciate it!!!!!

Ok, I have that one downloaded too.....that "package" listed under CPU temp....is that an average across all of the cores??? Pretty much an average and there is "only" one core temp output from the cpu so most dropped the repeating of the same temp 6 or 8 times or whatever on FX processors since there was only a single core temp output to begin with.

Can you not view each individual core temp on HWMonitor????= that should be answered in the information above about FX processor.

RGone...

Back