• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Creality Ender 3 Pro 3-D printer $99 at Microcenter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

You have to let them text it to you, and you can't have given them your email or phone number before or they won't text you the coupon.

Good until July 5th, and if they have stock.

I picked mine up today.

you can't have given them your email or phone number before or they won't text you the coupon.
Yep... for new customers only. I don't think my wife has shopped there before. :p

EDIT: Or maybe she did.... I guess my kid? :rofl:

Is this thing worth $100?

Last edited:
Yep... for new customers only. I don't think my wife has shopped there before. :p

EDIT: Or maybe she did.... I guess my kid? :rofl:

Is this thing worth $100?
My wife 'got' mine.

Just about everybody I know with experience with 3-D printers say for $100 it is a good deal. It is mod-able, and decent out of the box, and a large user base.

If you want to dip your toe in to the field and see if it is for you, it is a good starting point.

I also know several people who have multiple 3-D printers who still keep an use their Ender 3 regularly.

I....might have to grab one. Out of town till later this week, but looks like the local MC will be on the list of stops the first day back. Been meaning to get a cheap 3D printer for a while now, lots of little cheap things I think, "that would be a nice thing to have" but can never find.

Edit:. Crap, already used my cell number. Hopefully I get a new work phone Monday and can use that. I want my homemade dollar store junk, damnit!

Last edited:
Can you print practical items? For instance a vacuum cleaner part (A small plastic piece a few inches long and cylindrical to adapt dyson attachments to shark. Or a parts tray to fit in a nook on my tractor...Or caps for wheelchair (Plastic parts that fit in tubes and keep dirt out of pipes and bearings.

And does anybody know like what you spend for the consumables?

If they have it at St. David's I'm just wondering like what else should I buy? I want to make sure when I get home I can use it... I hope Staples or someplace closer has consumables for it. Although I guess you can just buy them on Amazon or something right?
Post magically merged:

I will have to find a place to find out what types of filaments serve what need.

I know there's a few people still around that's used them so hopefully we can get some of that experience in here. I'm just as new to it (didn't buy - but looking hard) and potentially going down that same path too.

To get an idea of how much things cost, get Cura (a free software slicer) and some of the free thingaverse files and open them with Cura. It will give you an estimate of how much filament it will take (in grams) and that should give you a ballpark on materials costs.

I did have a problem with heat creep on mine making prints fail. I got a higher end heat break (about $35) and that seems to have resolved it. I wound up buying one on Amazon as a gift to my dad.

You can also change the amount of infill to make the part more durable (I start out with 20%).

I'm currently only using PLA + for my filament. There are other filaments that can be used for more durable parts. The main limit on PLA is that heat of about more that 130°F make the parts fragile in use.

Dave, if you want, I can print something for you for you to check out the durablity of it. Feel free to stop by and see mine in action. Just PM me first.

Edit: Dyson to Shark adapter, 12g. 3.87m of filament. 25% infill. 1% roughly of a 1Kg spool for $20. $0.20 for the part, plus electricity. 2hr 38 min print time.

Want me to print it for you Dave?

Last edited:

You have to let them text it to you, and you can't have given them your email or phone number before or they won't text you the coupon.

Good until July 5th, and if they have stock.

I picked mine up today.
T, The link takes me to the Open Box....Is it the open box? I might still get one, I just want to know before hand.

I didn't get an open box. I just went to the stack of about 50 of them, picked one up and used the coupon.

But you have to have it texed to a phone number they don't have in their system.

Edit: Checking St Davids, it looks like more than 25 new in stock and 21 open box for $112. So if you can't get the coupon, the open box is probably a good deal.

Last edited:
To get an idea of how much things cost, get Cura (a free software slicer) and some of the free thingaverse files and open them with Cura. It will give you an estimate of how much filament it will take (in grams) and that should give you a ballpark on materials costs.

I did have a problem with heat creep on mine making prints fail. I got a higher end heat break (about $35) and that seems to have resolved it. I wound up buying one on Amazon as a gift to my dad.

You can also change the amount of infill to make the part more durable (I start out with 20%).

I'm currently only using PLA + for my filament. There are other filaments that can be used for more durable parts. The main limit on PLA is that heat of about more that 130°F make the parts fragile in use.

Dave, if you want, I can print something for you for you to check out the durablity of it. Feel free to stop by and see mine in action. Just PM me first.

Edit: Dyson to Shark adapter, 12g. 3.87m of filament. 25% infill. 1% roughly of a 1Kg spool for $20. $0.20 for the part, plus electricity. 2hr 38 min print time.

Want me to print it for you Dave?
No. Thanks for the offer T. My SIL has wanted one. He has had experience with them at Grad School. That part was an example of something I bought off Amazon for $12 (Came with some brushes and attachments for vacuum.) We have a wedding down at the Phila. Waterworks (Behind the art museum) tomorrow. I am going to reserve one.

I am researching things tonight...Like the optional Laser Engraver...I want to check if it does wood.
Post magically merged:

I didn't get an open box. I just went to the stack of about 50 of them, picked one up and used the coupon.
That is interesting, Maybe they ran out...Did you reserve it?

Last edited:
I have gone down the rabbit hole now...3 Pro, 3 S1 Pro, 5 Pro...going to take a while to filter out the differences and decide if it will matter to me.:unsure:

Edit: Went way down the rabbit hole...This is a purchase that will require me weeks if not months to decide on. Decided to go higher end to avoid the initial need for upgrading. The "Sprite" head on the S1 and Pro seems worth the upgrade. I'll be getting the laser head with the printer...

Happy 4th everybody.

Last edited:
FWIW my son has one of these. He's also done some upgrades on it before buying another 3D printer. I thought I might be able to "inherit" the old one but no luck so far. He's keeping both.

FWIW my son has one of these. He's also done some upgrades on it before buying another 3D printer. I thought I might be able to "inherit" the old one but no luck so far. He's keeping both.

Sorry to hear you aren't able to inherit the old one. You can tell him I bought my father a new one shortly after getting mine. He needs to step up his game.

(He hasn't used it yet, so when I fly out to Idaho to vist him next month I'll get him started on using it.)

I've got the LK5 Pro. Was in the middle of upgrading it for dual Z-axis when my moto and desktop computer went down. Now that the computer is back up... as soon as I fix the moto I'll get back to upgrading the LK5 Pro.

I'm already ready for a second and third 3D printer as well! :D

I've got the LK5 Pro. Was in the middle of upgrading it for dual Z-axis when my moto and desktop computer went down. Now that the computer is back up... as soon as I fix the moto I'll get back to upgrading the LK5 Pro.

I'm already ready for a second and third 3D printer as well! :D

I'm really curious about your day-to-day life and what makes you think "I need three 3D printers".

I'm really curious about your day-to-day life and what makes you think "I need three 3D printers".

Oh that's EASY! The LK5 Pro is great... but it's slow as hell. Most 3D printers are.

And most of what I print. (I'll share photos later) are large pieces that have multiple parts and require up to 12 hours per parts.

Thus... if I had more 3D printers... I could print whatever I'm trying to do faster.

Back