• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Ramsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

340Duster

Inspired by a fellow modder (and having a scrap HS and too much time) I decied to make some 8x20mm ramsinks for my vid card ram. Almost for looks as function, lol. After using a bandsaw to rough it out I broke about 10 dremel wheels, so I used a special round hacksaw blade to finish the cuts and a pneumatic die grinder to shape the rest and the dremel to debur. Finaly a used some 2000 grit wet sandpaper on a pice of glass for the contact surface... Only 3 more to go:D

sink.jpg

pretty cool. and ya I wouldve used a hacksaw over a dremel for the cutting part as well ;), also need hacksaw blades for monitor mod (for the future anyways) cause cutting that much plastic THAT slowly so as to not burn it was gay :) anyways, good luck and go for it.

Me and my bud Alpha_gamer cut up some ramsinks from an old scrap heatsink, and although i havn't put them on my card yet, they still look pretty dope. They look like they'd work fairly well...the ram on my MSI ti4400 gets insanely hot, and it doesn't oc very well...i hope to put the ramsinks on soon! have fun doing your mod! peace 'oot

pik4chu said:
pretty cool. and ya I wouldve used a hacksaw over a dremel for the cutting part as well ;),

These are really nice, the blade is round with a spiral wire type deal around the wire that cuts... so you can cut in any direction, almost like a reamer.

i have some ramsinks to be cut soon well i have 8 for my ati radeon9000 pro 128 but anyway i found something great out. the ram chips on it are square and i have an old 486 heatsink or something pentium 1 maybe blue anodized alu. well i figured out 3x3 pins is a perfect fit for me vid ram!!! well im cutting mine soon ill post picxs ion cooling when i finish take it easy guys...

Back