• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

custom steam machine pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

w1yov5r4on5

Registered
a few things

i'm looking to build a custom pc to run just steam os

an want it to be water-cooled

an to be under 1000$

id prefer amd ryzen for the cpu

also can two people play on the same pc like a xbox console

using 2 steam controllers or two mice an keyboards

im looking for the best parts that fit in that price range not counting shipping

but i dont need a case as i plan to build from wood

Price wise I'm sure it can be done but GPU prices are a killer right now if you don't have one already to use.
As for 2 people playing on the same computer for a game... I've heard a few simple games doing this.

Overall I think have 2 people play on the same rig will take a bit of work. Running an OS with a VM or VM's installed. Dedicated GPU for each user. Lots of ram, high powered CPU, 2 monitors most likely needed. Might be easier to get 2 systems and put it in a single case, or build a case to fit it as you mentioned.

ok any thoughts on best build with amd apus for 2 separate units for 650$ apiece

That im not 100% sure on but really most likely will want to wait for the release in just 2 weeks.

This might be the best bet for APU
Ryzen 5 2400G With Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics - CPU (4core/8thread) 3.5-3.9Ghz - GPU 11 compute / 704 shade /1250MHz max clock - 45-65W CPU - $169
Ryzen 3 2200G With Radeon RX Vega 8 Graphics - CPU (4core) 3.6-3.7Ghz - GPU 8 compute / 512 shade /1100MHz max clock - 45-65W CPU - $99
Performance wise not 100% sure what they are capable of.

It is possible to play some steam games from one computer on 2 seperate monitors but only one can use a keyboard and the other needs to use a gamepad.

I cannot remember the program that does this off hand but if I do I will let you know. I do know it worked with Borderlands 2 though.

Back